Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Freedom/Odds & Ends



Soundtrack to this post:
1 - I get Even by Mickey Avalon
2 - Dance by Mickey Avalon



Free -
6. able to do something at will; at liberty: free to choose.
7. clear of obstructions or obstacles, as a road or corridor: The highway is now free of fallen rock.

The first thing I've noticed about being single is my abundance of personal time.

"And my heart carries the pain of a brain I can't explain,
Am I insane?"
-Rehab

"Why"? she asked.
Why was I dishonest? Why had I been unfaithful?
Why do I breathe?
Ask the cheetah why it chases the Gazelle. Ask the monkey why it swings from trees. There is no why. It's odd that women invariably can't understand when men give into impulse and cheat. Girls make the vast majority of their decisions based on emotional state/inclination. It's like they can't recognize the same in another. Yet somehow when men cheat, women grow a logical part of the brain and try to "understand". What oddity is this?

Even if I had an answer I wouldn't offer it up. You dig in the past and find the dirt. Fine. I'm not going to help you refill the hole.
The biggest questions have the simplest answers.
Is there a God? No.
Why do people hurt one another? Man is capable of good and bad and everything in between.
Why are we incomplete? Because we are human.

-With Greatest Affection

Still getting used to wearing my "single" hat. I haven't quite yet begun to look around and spy birds I would like. For once, I've not in the midst of ending one relationship/still mired in another....it's an easy, weightless feeling. I'm answerable, well less answerable, to no one save myself. There's no explanations for disappearances in the aftermath. There's no worry as to who might check my phone while passed out. Snoop in my history for scraps of info to extrapolate. It is what it is.

1 comment:

  1. For slaves freedom is the scariest experience on earth.

    ReplyDelete